- 1 ½ cup water
- ¾ cup semi-processed quinoa
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp oil (preferred extra virgin olive oil)
1. Rinse your quinoa properly. If you pre-planned your breakfast, you can rinse and soak them at night.
2. In a saucepan, boil water. Add quinoa, garlic and salt. Simmer covered for 8-10 minutes.
3. Uncover and cook longer until properly dry. It will usually take 2 minutes more.
4. Stir egg whites, basil, and pepper. Add quinoa to it.
5. In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tsp oil and make spread the batter.
6. When eggs are just set, sprinkle with grated cheese.
7. Cook until properly golden brown.