It is used in prepared foods and also added to beverages. It adds sweetness to any of your food preparations, thereby satisfying your sweet cravings. But excess consumption can affect your health in many ways. It is high in calories which can cause a gain in weight and several other changes in your body.
Sugar is consumed not only in the form of cakes and candies, but it is also consumed through sources such as yogurt, pasta sauce, salad dressing, etc.
But if consumed in lesser and controlled quantities, it can be very beneficial for the overall functioning of the body.
This is what happens when you consume less sugar:
- -Your heart will remain healthy and happy: Excess sugar increases the insulin levels, which activates the nervous system and causes an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. If consumed in low proportions, you will notice an approximate 10% decrease in LDL cholesterol level and about 20-30% decrease in triglyceride. This eventually helps lower the risk of heart diseases and keep you stress-free.
- -There won’t be any acne to show up, especially on occasions: Sugar is inflammatory and causes systemic inflammation which is a trigger for acne. This happens on frequent consumption of soda-drinks which contains more sugar than any other drinks. Hence, if you cut off the consumption of soda-drinks, you might probably not rely on expensive concealers to hide acne.
- -You will stay away from Diabetes: Sugar which is consumed in excess builds up around the liver which is responsible for insulin resistance and stops the production of insulin. A person eating about 250 calories of sugar from any source in a day is 11 times more likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes. Therefore, swap the sugar intake with nuts and stay healthy.
- -You will stay more active and energetic: Sugar spiking causes sluggishness and an extreme need for a nap. Also, excess sugar contributes to the release of cortisol, a hormone which interferes with sleeping patterns. This leaves you weak and inactive, thereby making you lazy. Give up readily on excess sugar and you will be more active and alert throughout the day.
- -You will wear a real smile: According to the recent studies found in Columbia University, women who are consumers of excess sugar are more likely to suffer from anxiety, irritation and frequent mood swings, leaving them arrogant and unhealthy. Get over with your sugar fix and you will notice how better you feel than before.
- -You will suddenly notice an increase in your memory power: Consumption of foods which contain high sugars is known to interfere with learning and memory. The study also shows that it damages the communication between the brain cells. To get rid of this, avoid excess sugary foods and boost your memory power.
- -Your dream of losing weight will finally come true: Frequent consumption of sugary and calorie-rich foods will disrupt your metabolism, make you feel hungry frequently and thus attempt in weight gain. Hence it is advised to eat foods which are low in sugar and carbs. They will speed up your metabolism, burn the unnecessary belly fat and shed off extra calories, thereby helping you to come back in shape which you always desired for.-