Chia Seeds were once less familiar as they were not easily available. Nowadays, they are considered as one of the best superfoods that can be available anywhere and is also used for many purposes, right from cereals and yogurt to energy bars and drinks.
Chia Seeds are cultivated from a flowering plant called Salvia Hispanica which is known to belong to the mint family. These are tiny super seeds with a powerhouse of many nutritional benefits. They consist of fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and other micronutrients. They are highly rich in fibre which can keep your stomach full for a longer duration, thus preventing binge eating and reduces your hunger pangs. The gum-like fibre is also responsible for the bowel regularity and stabilizes the blood sugar levels. These tiny seeds are naturally gluten-free and are also a rich source of calcium along with phosphorus and magnesium which can be a good alternative for vegan people.
Chia Seeds can be incorporated into your diet in many ways such as adding it to yogurt, cereal or muffin recipe. You can even scatter it on top of salad. You can add it to soups and stews to make thicken it. These seeds add a mild crunchy flavour and nutrition to bread, cupcakes, etc.
No matter how or in what form you include chia seeds in your diet, it doesn’t lose its nutritional qualities. 1-2 teaspoons of chia seeds can add many benefits to your health if consumed regularly.
Below are some of the best ways you can enjoy Chia Seeds in a healthy yet tasty way:
- Chia Pudding: If pudding is your go-to dessert option for your frequent dessert cravings, then the best way to make it healthier is by adding few chia seeds. Sprinkle chia seeds on top of the pudding to make it thicker. Then top it with a spoon of cocoa powder. If you do not want to consume chia seeds in its raw form, you can just grind them in a mixture along with other ingredients. Garnish it with dried fruits to add to its taste.
- Chia Smoothie: Sprinkle chia seeds on top of smoothies to add to its nutritional benefit. Be it Apple, Banana or any other smoothie, simply add 1-2 teaspoons of chia seeds and enjoy the nutritional punch.
- Baked Foods: Are you fond of bakery food items and want to keep eating without affecting the health? Simply sprinkle chia seeds. Adding chia seeds to bakery foods will not only add an advantage to your health, but it will also develop a crunchy taste which will gratify your taste buds.
- Chia Oatmeal: Oatmeal is the king of the breakfast table because of its high nutritious value. Addition of chia seeds to your regular oatmeal might add much more value to your health. Pour some milk or coconut milk, add 3-4 chia seeds to make it thicker, sprinkle dried fruits and berries and enjoy the delicious treat every morning.
- Chia Seeds in yogurt: Are you bored of eating the plain, bland yogurt with your meals every day? It’s time you bring a change to this. Include chia seeds in your diet by sprinkling it on top of yogurt which will add a crunch and taste to your boring meals.
- Chia in tea: If you do not want to include chia seeds in your meals, you can add it to your morning tea. Add a teaspoon of chia seeds to your tea while it is kept to boiling and consume it once they are well-soaked.
These are some of the easiest ways to incorporate chia seeds into your diet. You can also add them to any of your meal preparations as you wish, to make it tastier and healthier.